The Hong Kong Money Month website (www.moneymonth.hk) is owned and managed by the Investor and Financial Education Council ("IFEC").
1. Statement of Policy
The IFEC respects personal data privacy and are committed to complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("PDPO"). In doing so, the IFEC will strive to ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
2. Statement of practice on personal data held by us
We may collect and hold personal data in performing our statutory functions under the relevant laws and regulations. When we collect personal data from individuals, we will provide them with a Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS) on or before the collection in an appropriate format and manner. The PICS will state (among other matters) the purpose of the collection.
Personal data is collected by the IFEC on a voluntary basis. Personal data may include names, e-mail addresses and other contact details. The broad categories of personal data held by us, and the main purposes of use are:
- Personal data provided for enrolment in events/activities, surveys, research, statistical or evaluation purposes will be used for those or for directly related purposes.
- Enquiry and complaint records, used for responding to enquiries and complaints, and performing our statutory and administrative functions and activities;
- Records collected via our websites, used for the purposes stated in section 3 below;
- Other administration and operational records, used for various purposes depending on the nature of the record (e.g. for administration of functions and activities, organizing and delivering promotional, educational and training activities, subscription of publications etc.).
3. Personal data collected via forms / through this website
- The information you provide in the "Contact Us" section is used by the IFEC to respond to or handle your enquiries, comments or suggestions. The personal data will not be used for any other purposes without your consent, unless such use is permitted or required by law.
- Personal data collected from subscribers of the update service is used by the IFEC to alert you, send you copies of the requested information and to compile statistics of readership. The personal data will not be used for any other purposes without your consent unless such use is permitted or required by law.
- Personal data provided by a complainant will be used, disclosed or transferred only for those purposes related to the complaint, for discharging IFEC's functions or where permitted or required by law. If the information provided is inaccurate or incomplete, consideration of the complaint may be affected.
4. Disclosure of personal data
The personal data collected for enquiries and complaints may be disclosed or transferred to parties who will be contacted by us during the handling of the matter including the party being complained against and/or other parties concerned. The personal data collected by the IFEC in the performance of our statutory and administration functions (including in relation to events and activities and surveys) may be disclosed or transferred to agencies and bodies who are authorised to receive such information and to persons engaged to assist us in the performance of our functions, including service providers and online providers of services/tools, who may process the personal data and contact you.
5. Information collected when you visit our website
- Cookies are data files stored on your computer (or other Internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet). They are automatically installed and used by your browser when you access this website and agree to allow cookies to be used. The cookies collect and store information about actions you take on the website but do not normally collect or store personally identifiable information. The information is used to enhance and customise our services for you, including providing recommendations, personalised content, customised search results and useful resources.
- For more details about the type of cookies used on our website and the purposes for which information collected by the cookies are used, please refer to our cookies setting form.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by modifying the privacy settings in your browser or using our cookies settings form to change the cookies settings on your browser. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilise or activate certain functions available on this website and your experience with this website will be affected.
Cookies settings form
- Enable all cookies (recommended)
- Disable all cookies except strictly necessary cookies
|Cookie name||Cookie Domain||Source||Purpose||Expiration|
|ga_analytics||google-analytics.com||Google Analytics||Transmits data about
your use of our website to Google Analytics which provides us with
reports on the performance of the website and its customer
experience channels. This helps us optimize our educational
campaigns. This is a persistent cookie.
Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of personal data collected and held by us. We take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes (or any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used, unless the retention is otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Personal data provided under the "Contact Us" section will be automatically deleted 90 days after any follow-up action has been completed.
- Personal data provided when you sign up for the update service will automatically be deleted 90 days after you unsubscribe from the service.
- Personal data provided when you sign up to enrol in future activities will be deleted 90 days after you inform us that you no longer wish to be informed about our events or activities.
- Personal data provided for research and evaluation purpose will be deleted 90 days after any follow-up survey is completed.
- Personal data provided by a complainant will be retained for such period as may be necessary for the proper discharge of the IFEC's functions.
We take appropriate steps to protect personal data we hold against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. All personal data you provide to the IFEC under this website is secured on this website. Access is limited to authorised personnel within the IFEC only. The transmission of any information online is not secured by encryption.
8. Access and correction/ enquiries
If you have any enquiries about personal data or wish to request access to and/or correction of your personal data held by the IFEC, you may do so in writing addressed to:
Data Privacy Officer,
Investor and Financial Education Council,
54/F One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
Please note that all data access requests should be made using the form specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data which is accessible from the following link: "Data Access Request Form". The IFEC will handle access and/or correction requests in accordance with the PDPO.
The IFEC does not provide online facilities for you to delete or correct personal data held by the IFEC.